This was just sent to us and we had to share it. Yahoo has talked about Axis in the past year, but it looks like the big reveal will be tonight.
Subject: Yahoo! Axis launches on May 23- Redefining what it means to search and browse
I am so excited to announce that tonight at 9pm we will launch Yahoo! Axis! Since you are one of my most valued clients I am giving you first notification. Since this is not launching publically until tonight, we ask that you please keep this information confidential until tomorrow.
Yahoo! Axis is a new browser that redefines what it means to search and browse- enabling a seamless search experience on your iPhone, iPad, and even your desktop. Here are some highlights of how Yahoo! Axis brings search to life in a whole new way:
· Smarter, Faster Search with Rich Design: Get instant answers and visual previews so you can continuously discover and explore content without interruption. Never leave the page you are on to view your search results again.
· Connected Experience: Move seamlessly across devices, picking up wherever you left off as you move across your desktop, iPhone, and iPad. Recently visited sites, searches, saved articles, and bookmarks are automatically accessible across all your devices.
· Personal Home Page: Get direct access to your favorite sites and content across all your devices with the customizable Home Page.
Although initially there will not be paid opportunities for advertisers, we do plan to integrate this at a later time and will definitely keep you updated. However, our goal remains to grow our search base and traffic to you. We believe Axis will help accomplish this goal. It is a great opportunity to grow search volume on all devices, perhaps most importantly on phones and tablets. The end result should be new users and greater search volume, translating into increased traffic and value for advertisers in the future.
Want to know more?
· Visit axis.yahoo.com to watch a short video demonstrating how Axis is sure to wow, and woo, searchers. And more importantly, once there, download Axis or get the app! (After 9pm on 5/23)
· FAQ doc with additional detail is attached
· View our blog post on advertising.yahoo.com (After 9pm on 5/23)
· Checkout the examples below of how Yahoo! Axis will look across your devices
Please do not hesitate to reach out with any questions.